South Seniors Program
In 2007 Gympie South initiated a new leadership program called South Seniors. The rationale behind this program is to develop the leadership potential of all Year 6 students.
Every Year 6 child is involved in a different committee every term. This differs from previous years where there were people selected for Leadership roles through School Captains, House Captains and Student Council. We believe that this inclusive model gives ALL children the opportunity to develop their leadership capabilities.
Committees Roles and Responsibilities
Fundraising/Social /Community Committee:
• hold fundraising events, eg Sunnies for Sight Day
• liaise with classes and deliver important messages
• run class games at lunchtime with their assigned class
• supporting student well being
• supporting the SEL program through the yearly themes eg: Attitude to Gratitude
• help teachers at lunch times
• set up sports equipment for school events
• hold lunch time sports competitions
At the end of each term the Committee Leader presents some students with a Gold, Silver or Bronze award according to their participation and leadership qualities. Awards are based on the number of points accumulated at the end of the term.
These points are then tallied to give recognition of outstanding leadership qualities by presenting medallions and certificates of Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
All students who received points receive a certificate to acknowledge their contribution to the South Senior Program.